17 February 2012
The synopsis for this grant opportunity is detailed below, following this paragraph. This synopsis contains all of the updates to this document that have been posted as of 02/17/2012 . If updates have been made to the opportunity synopsis, update information is provided below the synopsis.If you would like to receive notifications of changes to the grant opportunity click send me change notification emails . The only thing you need to provide for this service is your email address. No other information is requested.
Any inconsistency between the original printed document and the disk or electronic document shall be resolved by giving precedence to the printed document.
Document Type: Modification to Previous Grants Notice Funding Opportunity Number: DE-FOA-0000636 Opportunity Category: Discretionary Posted Date: Feb 17, 2012 Creation Date: Feb 21, 2012 Original Closing Date for Applications: Apr 17, 2012 Applications must be received by 4/17/2012, not later than 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. You are encouraged to transmit your application well before the deadline. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR CONSIDERED FOR AWARD. Current Closing Date for Applications: Apr 17, 2012 Applications must be received by 4/17/2012, not later than 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. You are encouraged to transmit your application well before the deadline. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR CONSIDERED FOR AWARD. Archive Date: Jul 17, 2012 Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement Category of Funding Activity: Energy
Science and Technology and other Research and Development
Category Explanation: Expected Number of Awards: 10 Estimated Total Program Funding: $10,000,000 Award Ceiling: $1,000,000 Award Floor: $0 CFDA Number(s): 81.089 — Fossil Energy Research and Development Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: Yes
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled “Additional Information on Eligibility”
Additional Information on Eligibility:
- All types of entities are eligible to apply, except other Federal agencies, Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) Contractors, and nonprofit organizations described in section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 that engaged in lobbying activities after December 31, 1995.
- National Energy Technology Laboratory
- This Funding Opportunity (FOA) is specifically focused on developing advanced oxy-combustion technologies for Carbon Dioxide (CO2) capture that can be applied to new or retrofit/repowered coal-based power plants. It is also anticipated that the technologies developed under this FOA may also have application to natural gas-fired plants, and industrial boilers as well.
Link to Full Announcement
If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact:
- ANGELA M. HARSHMAN, Contract Specialist, 412-386-5038
ANGELA M. HARSHMAN
Synopsis Modification History
The following files represent the modifications to this synopsis with the changes noted within the documents. The list of files is arranged from newest to oldest with the newest file representing the current synopsis. Changed sections from the previous document are shown in a light grey background.